Thursday, October 13, 2011

Holidays/Celebrations




Moon festival is my favorite holiday in Taiwan’s celebration.  According to Chinese calendar, Moon festival is on August 15 of every year. At the past Moon festival, we ate moon cake and watch the moon to celebrate, but now we get together enjoy watching the moon, barbecue and eat pomelos (It is a kind of fruit, and it tastes sweet) to celebrate. This is my favorite holiday because I like the feeling of getting together with my friends or family. In that day, we will prepare everything in afternoon and find a good place for light the fire. After all is done, we will start to roast something to eat or play some group game.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember the moon festival from when I lived in Taiwan - I think the moon cakes were the best part. I also remember people sending lighted paper kites into the sky.

    Corrections:
    During past Moon festivals, we ate moon cake and watched the moon to celebrate, but now...

    On that day, we will prepare everything in the afternoon and find a good place to light the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy to see the moon, but unfortunately in Mexico we don't do something like that! and your picture for moon cakes looks realy delicious

    ReplyDelete